The Twelve Traditions of Satanic Recovery
During its first decade, AA as a fellowship accumulated substantial experience which indicated that certain group attitudes and principles were particularly valuable in assuring survival of the informal structure of the Fellowship. As Satanic Recovery works on the 12 step recovery programme of AA we are able to benefit from these experiences. As of 2021, after the initial start-up of online and in person meetings in 2020, Satanic Recovery adapted these guidelines to fit their fellowship needs. In person meetings are also suggested to operate under the title of Rational Satanic Recovery meetings
1. Our common welfare should come first; personal recovery depends
upon Satanic Recovery unity with an emphasis on recovery.
2. For our group purpose there is but one ultimate authority - the majority
of the group as a whole. Our moderators are but trusted servants; they
do not govern.
3. The only requirement for Satanic Recovery membership is a desire to
4. Each group should be autonomous except in matters affecting other
groups or Satanic Recovery as a whole.
5. Each group has but one primary purpose-to carry its message that
Satanic Recovery offers an alternative approach to the traditional 12
step recovery programme without the confines of dogma or stigma and
without changing the original text.
6. A Satanic Recovery group ought never endorse, finance or lend the
Satanic Recovery name to any related facility, sect, or outside
enterprise, lest problems of money, property and prestige divert us from
our primary purpose.
7. Every Satanic Recovery group ought to be fully self-supporting,
declining outside contributions.
8. Satanic Recovery should remain forever non-professional except in
matters to support a growing fellowship - in person and online Satanic
Recovery meetings should follow this rule.
9. All rituals, rites and practices are to be respected and encouraged.
Allowing us to focus on our similarities, not our differences. The
richness of our diversity in beliefs and practice should be welcomed and
10.Satanic Recovery has no opinion on outside issues; hence the Satanic
Recovery name ought never be drawn into public controversy or lend
Credence to any sect/path of any religion.
11.Our public relations policy is based on attraction rather than
promotion; we need always maintain personal anonymity at the level of
press, radio and films.
12.Anonymity is the spiritual foundation of all our traditions, ever
reminding us to place principles before personalities.
While the Twelve Traditions are not specifically binding on any group or groups, an overwhelming majority of members have adopted them as the basis for AA's expanding internal and public relationships. Satanic Recovery views its 12 Traditions in the same manner.